If You Enjoy Uncovered Texas
DONATE $5 or $10 To Keep Us Online


Lott House

Home

>

Historical Markers

>

Lott House
 Mineola Wood County Texas

Lott House

Angus and Lena Beaird began construction of this house in 1918; it was completed in the ealry 1920s. The Beairds sold the house in 1928 to Howard and Vivian Lott, who were leaders in the development of Mineola and Wood County. The house exhibits Prairie School style influences with classical details, including a hipped roof with dormers and a central front porch with boxed columns and a pedimented entry. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1996

311 E. Kilpatrick St. Mineola, Texas

Wood County

Year Erected: 1996

Marker Type: Medallion & Plate

Wood County Markers

  <<  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  >> 

First Methodist Church of Winnsboro


Organized in 1859 as the first religious group in Winnsboro, this congregation was disbanded during the Civil War, but was reactivated in 1869 with fifteen members. Early worship services were held i
First Methodist Church of Winnsboro

First Presbyterian Church of Winnsboro


Organized in 1871, this church was chartered by the Rev. R. E. Sherrill with former members of the Presbyterian church in Webster (3 mi. SW). The first building for this church was a white frame stru
First Presbyterian Church of Winnsboro

Flora Lodge No. 119, A.F. & A.M.


Founded before the Civil War, as Quitman Masonic Lodge. Petition for charter was made on Jan. 5, 1852. First officers: James N. Brown, Worshipful Master; A. Gunter, Senior Warden; Francis C. McKnight
Flora Lodge No. 119, A.F. & A.M.

James Stephen Hogg


(March 24, 1851-March 3, 1906) Texas statesman whose nationally-acclaimed public career began at this site. The third son of Gen. Joseph L. and Lucanda (McMath) Hogg was born near Rusk. Orphaned du
James Stephen Hogg

James Stephen Hogg's Early Home


Built in 1860s; bought Jan. 8, 1873, by James Stephen Hogg (1851-1906), who in 1874 married Sarah Ann Stinson of Wood County. When the couple honeymooned in this cottage, young Hogg was editor-pub
James Stephen Hogg's Early Home

Birthplace of Miss Ima Hogg


Born here on July 10, 1882, Ima Hogg was the only daughter of Sarah Stinson and Gov. James S. Hogg. Ima studied fine arts at the University of Texas in Austin, and in New York and Europe. In 1918 oil
Birthplace of Miss Ima Hogg

Hopewell Church and Cemetery


The Hopewell Primitive Baptist Church was established in 1855 and met in a brush arbor and log house. As membership increased, a larger church building was erected. In 1876 John R. Moore donated thre
Hopewell Church and Cemetery

Indian Cemetery and Villages


Found during road-building operations and reported Nov. 1966. In Jan. 1967, eight graves were studied, but the bone fragments unearthed were so old that they crumbled upon exposure to air. Pieces o
Indian Cemetery and Villages

Jarvis Christian College


In 1904 the Texas Negro Disciples of Christ joined with the Christian Women's Board of Missions (CWBM) to establish a school for black youth. A campus, consisting of a 456-acre tract donated by Ida a
Jarvis Christian College

J. H. Jones and the Old Settlers Reunion Grounds


A native of Alabama, J. H. Jones (d. 1923) came to Texas in 1877. After teaching school for several years, he was elected clerk of Wood County in 1886. He later became a successful merchant in Quitma
J. H. Jones and the Old Settlers Reunion Grounds