BEATTIE, TEXAS . Beattie, on Farm Road 588 in north central Comanche County, was named for pioneer Charles F. Beatty, who settled there in 1892. The community had a grocery store, cotton gin, drugstore, barbershop, and telephone exchange in the early 1900s. A Beattie post office operated from 1902 to 1908. The population was listed as 115 in 1930, when the town had four businesses. By 1945 the residents had declined to fifty and the businesses to two. By the late 1980s the community had no businesses. The population was still fifty in 2000.