Carr, J.C.-Bob Slight House
Bulit 1884 by an early settler, J.C. Carr. Adobe brick double walls were laid at night, slowly drying to super-strength, in time honoerd southwestern manner. Five abobe rooms were added after 1903 sale to Judge R.B. Slight (1869-1953), English law clerk who came here to be a cowboy after seeing wild west shows. Judge Slight was civic leader, rancher and merchant, influential in founding Sul Ross College. He lived in this house 50 years. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1968. House now owned by F.J. Ellyson.
Year Erected: 1968
Marker Type: 16 in x 12 in Plate & Medallion