ALDRIDGE, TEXAS (Jasper County). Aldridge was on the Burr's Ferry, Browndell and Chester Railroad, about seventy miles north of Beaumont in extreme northwestern Jasper County. The area's rich forests attracted outside lumber interests by the late nineteenth century, and the Aldridge Lumber Company, with W. H. and F. W. Aldridge as president and vice president, respectively, had begun operations in Jasper County by 1898. In 1905 the firm increased its property holdings in Jasper and Angelina counties substantially with a large purchase from the Vaughan Lumber Company. The Aldridge mill gained a railroad outlet in 1907 via the BFB&C.