ALCINO, TEXAS . Alcino was two miles northwest of the site of the present community of Cedar Hill in northeast Floyd County. The settlement was named either for a town in New Mexico or for postmaster John Dillard's wife, Alcinie. An Alcino post office existed from March 10, 1917, until August 31, 1923, when services were moved to Lockney. Businesses included Dillard's store and post office and a blacksmith's shop. By the 1940s only the school district of Cedar Hill remained in the area. The Cedar Hill school was consolidated with the Floydada schools in 1950.