Acton Baptist Church
In 1855, the Rev. Joseph "Fighting Joe" Robinson led approximately 20 charter members in organizing a Baptist congregation in Acton. He was followed by the Rev. James Halford, son-in-law of David Crockett, whose family lived in this vicinity. Local Baptists shared a structure known as the Long House with other denominations for many years; members built their own sanctuary in 1894. Although altered, it is still used today. Over the years, Acton Baptist Church, now First Baptist Church, has sponsored the establishment of new churches and provided leadership for local missions, community outreach and Baptist Association work. (2005)
3500 Fall Creek Hwy Acton, Texas
Year Erected: 2005
Marker Type: 18" x 28"